Our Mission Statement
“We, the members of the Yaupon Beach Fire Department,
dedicate our efforts to provide for the safety and
welfare of the public through preservation of life,
property and the environment. “
It is the responsibility of each member to support the mission by subscribing to the following values.
For the Community:
- We recognize that the community is the reason for our presence.
- We value the faith and trust of the community, and continually work to deserve the confidence through our attitude, conduct and accomplishments.
- Lives are more valuable than property.
- The safety of the public is of paramount importance, followed closely by the safety of our members.
- All members of the public are entitled to our best efforts.
For the Department:
- We strive for excellence in everything we do.
- Honesty, fairness, and integrity will not be compromised.
- We continually seek effectiveness, efficiency, and economy.
- Unity and teamwork are stressed as being to our mutual advantage as individuals and employees.
- The free exchange of ideas is encouraged.
- We will provide professional and courteous service at all times.
- We are sensitive to changing community needs.
This mission is accomplished by responding to and providing service at fire, medical, hazardous material, rescue and salvage emergencies.